Online Job Applications: What Happens After You Submit Your Resume
Name:Online Job Applications: What Happens After You Submit Your Resume
Description:Get more details on what happens to your resume after you click apply: https://go.indeed.com/what-happens-after-you-apply-online
Learn more about what you should expect at every stage of the hiring process: https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/hiring-process
When you're applying for jobs online, waiting to hear back can be tough. It’s easy to think that nothing is happening to your application or that there’s nothing you can do. However, after you click "Apply," your application is analyzed thoroughly by software and multiple people. It’s helpful to understand what happens behind the curtain and steps you can take to advance your job search during this time.
In this video, we explain the online hiring process. You'll learn how keyword technology impacts hiring, what recruiters look for, what it takes to get to the interview, and tips for what to do while you wait.
Here are some important takeaways about what happens to your online application after you hit 'submit', plus a few tips to ease your stress during this process.
1. Employers use software to scan your application for qualifications and keywords to sort through the initial candidate pool. Make sure your resume properly highlights your professional experience: https://go.indeed.com/listing-experience-on-a-resume
2. The recruiter will review the software’s selections, looking for more in-depth information like quality of education and the relevance of your skills. The recruiter will sort applications by those that would be the best fit and share those selections with the hiring manager.
3. The hiring manager will review the selected applications and make a short list of candidates for the recruiter to schedule initial interviews with. Keep in mind that this step can take a while.
4. While not hearing back right away can be frustrating, be sure to use this waiting time wisely! This is a great opportunity to apply for more jobs, check in with your references, create or update your portfolio, and practice for your interview.
5. Send a follow up email to the hiring manager or the HR department 2 weeks after you submit your application. Check out this guide for tips and examples on how to follow up: https://go.indeed.com/application-follow-up-advice
Search for your next job: https://go.indeed.com/indeed_from_onlineapps
Indeed is the world's #1 job site, with over 250 million unique visitors* every month from over 60 different countries. We provide free access to search and apply for jobs, post your resume, research companies, and compare salaries. Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. On our YouTube channel, you’ll find tips and personal stories to help you take the next step in your job search.
Find free** job search services online and in-person: https://www.indeed.com/job-market
*Google Analytics, Unique Visitors, September 2018
**Terms, conditions and quality standards apply.
#onlinejobapplication #jobapplication #applicationprocess